Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine Young Investigator Award
The Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine (WFIRM) is committed to the development and dissemination of novel therapies for the repair and replacement of diseased tissues and organs. One way to achieve this goal is to foster the careers of young investigators to encourage them to find solutions to problems in regenerative medicine. As part of this effort, the Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine Young Investigator Award will be presented at the 2023 Biofabrication Conference. The award is intended to recognize outstanding achievements by members of the International Society for Biofabrication (ISBF) who are in the early stages of a career in biofabrication. We are pleased to request nominations for the award to be given at the Awards Ceremony at the 2023 Biofabrication Conference.
The WFIRM Young Investigator Award will be presented during the 2023 Biofabrication Conference to one individual in the early stages of a research career (graduate student or post-doctoral fellow). The awardee will be presented with a certificate or plaque and a monetary award of $1,000 (US).
Individuals interested in applying for this award should submit the following documents via e-mail to Dr. Sang Jin Lee ([email protected]) by 9:00PM (US Pacific Time) on August 14, 2023:
- Attached application form
- Applicant’s current CV
- A copy of one of the applicant’s 2023 Biofabrication Conference abstracts
- A one-page Personal Statement describing the applicant’s career goals
- One letter of recommendation
All eligible individuals are encouraged to apply. In order to be eligible for the award, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as a student in an advanced degree program (Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent) OR currently a post-doctoral fellow
- Actively involved in any area of biofabrication research
- Have or will have submitted an abstract for the 2023 Biofabrication Conference
- Be in attendance at the 2023 Biofabrication Conference in Saskatoon, Canada
- No affiliation with Wake Forest University or Wake Forest University Health Sciences
The award winner will be selected by a review panel, and the award will be presented at the 2023 Biofabrication Conference.